The Website is used by LV for the organization of the Louis Vuitton Watch Prize for Independent Creatives (the "Prize"), the purpose of which is to promote independent creation in the watchmaking sector. The contest rules governing the Prize ("Prize Terms and Conditions") are accessible on the Website.
Personal information, or Personal Data refers to any information or pieces of information that could identify You either directly (e.g. your name, surname, email, home address, etc.) or indirectly (e.g. through pseudonymized data, such as a unique ID number, etc.). It may also include unique identifiers like your computer's IP address.
We collect your Personal Data as follows: (i) directly from You when You use our Website and apply to the Prize (completion of the registration form, provision of Your artbook, etc.) and (ii) automatically when You access or use the Website (technical details, IP address, browsing information, etc.).
When You apply for the Prize on the Website, and for the purposes described in this Policy, LV may collect the following categories of personal information:
- Personal identification and contact information (such as first name, name, address, phone number, nationality, e-mail address),
- Demographic information like your gender and your birthdate,
- Your image (pictures of You or the designer/watchmaker of the creation for which you enter the Prize),
- Information about Your professional activities (career path, academics and schools, awards, copies of press releases regarding Your professional activity and creations),
- Information about Your company (registered office, trademark, number of employees, sales figures for the last closed fiscal year, places of manufacture, sales points) and the creations in relation to which You apply for the Prize
- We may also collect information posted on third party websites or social media platforms about LV and the Prize, when necessary for the purposes defined hereunder.
When You access and use Our website, We automatically collect some technical information (e.g., operating system, type of browser used, whether a proxy is used, location of the device inferred from your IP address that identifies your computer), and Your browsing behaviour (access time, accessed pages, link that enabled You to access our Website),
The Personal Data which are essential for Us to fulfill the purposes described above will be identified as mandatory on the Website's various pages. If you do not fill out these mandatory fields, you may not be able to apply for the Prize or to actually benefit from any Prize that could be awarded to You .
You hereby represent that You will only provide personal information relating to you as an individual; or, in the event where you provide personal information relating to someone from your organization (eg designer, watchmaker of Your Company), that you have obtained all authorizations and consents from that individual to provide information relating to him/her as part of the application.
We collect and use the information described above for the purposes specified at the time of collection or hereafter in this Policy:
- to manage your requests in relation to Your application:
- to manage Your application to the Prize,
- to respond to Your questions or requests,
- to communicate with You about Your application and give You the results, including as the case may be to grant the award and where applicable, to invite You to our auditions or the Prize ceremony.
- for marketing purposes: We may use Your information to contact You, subject to Your consent, to give You information about future editions of the Prize. We may also use Your information to produce internal and/or institutional LV communication materials and events, as set forth under the Prize General Terms and Conditions
- for security purposes: we may use information to protect Our company, Our employees, Our associates, and Our Website against fraud, theft or any wrongdoing which may affect Our activity as it is Our legitimate interest to ensure the security of Our activity online and offline.
- for analytics purposes, we may use Your information to analyse the e-reputation of LV or Our products and to measure the effectiveness of our online or offline campaigns or events, as it is our legitimate interest to preserve LV's image and optimise our marketing campaigns.
- other purposes: we use information to maintain business records for legal, administrative and audit purposes. We also use information to meet legal, insurance and processing requirements.
Your Data is processed by Us for the purposes described above and are accessible only to Louis Vuitton personnel who needs to know it to perform their duties hereunder.
We do not disclose or otherwise share your personal information We collect with third parties except:
- with service providers and agents who perform technical services on Our behalf : (eg. with vendors who help Us operating Our Website).
- with experts in the watchmaking industry who will be part of the experts and/or Jury involved in the selection of semi-finalists, finalists and winner of the Prize;
- With Our parent and affiliated companies within Louis Vuitton Group of Companies: only authorized personnel with a need to know have access to the information for managing the Prize application, for internal audit, or administrative purposes;
- With any third party as part of any business restructuring or reorganization (including dissolution or liquidation). This includes if We are merged of all or part of Our business or assets are transferred, assigned or sold.
- When we are required to do towards any authority, court or other third party in order to comply with applicable law, to respond to a court order, or more generally to respond to any request from a competent authority, or if such disclosure is necessary to protect and defend our rights.
We may collect certain information through cookies, web beacons and other automated means. A cookie is a text file which is stored in a dedicated area of your device's hard drive, for instance when you visit online service, when you read an email or while installing or using a mobile app. A cookie allows its sender to identify the device on which it is stored during the period of validity of consent, which does not exceed 13 months.
What type of cookies do we use?
- Some cookies may be functional to collect information which will allow Us to facilitate your browsing such as languages preferences, or memorizing log-in, if any.
- Other cookies also collect information on Your behavior by collecting referring URLS (where our visitors come from, which banners they clicked on and which directed them to our Website), pages accessed, times of websites visits. Such information will allow Us to enhance our website.
- Our website may contain third party cookies (delivered by advertising agencies, analytics providers, etc.) enabling them to collect browsing information on your Devices, including to measure the efficiency of our advertising campaigns on third party websites. Third party cookies are subject to said third party privacy policies. We hereby inform You about the purpose of these cookies and how You can manage them, to the extent We are aware thereof.
- We may include in Our website the possibility to share content with third parties or to let other persons know you browsed our website. Such is the case for instance of "Like" and "Share" functionalities offered by social network platforms ("Facebook", "Twitter", etc) . Social networks which offer these functionalities may identify You even though You do not use these functionalities on Our website. Indeed, such functionalities allow social network platforms to track information about Your browsing on Our website whenever Your social network account is active while browsing Our website.
We do not control how these platforms collect Your personal data while You are browsing Our website. We invite You to read the Privacy policies of these social networks to find out how they use information they collect (including for advertising purposes) through these buttons. These Privacy policies should provide You information about how to manage Your preferences on Your social networks account.
Acceptance and management of cookies
Except for functional or security cookies, the use of cookie on a Device depends on the user's choice, which can be made and modified freely and at any time.
Such is also the case if we or one of our business partners can no longer recognize the type of browser your Device is using such as language, display settings or country / region of connection. We cannot be held liable for the minimized access to our services as a result of cookies you previously deleted or rejected.
If You share your Device with other people and the Device operates several browsers, we cannot guarantee that personalised services and advertisement designed to match your personal use of the Device (if such personalised services and advertisement are available) will correspond to your own use and rather than someone else's.
We may transfer your personal information to the service providers who help Us operating Our website (hosting, sending emails). Some recipients are located in third countries / regions which are considered as not providing the same level of data protection as EU/EEA countries in which you provided your information.
When We transfer your information, We will protect and provide adequate protection for the transfer of your personal information to recipients in those countries / regions by entering into data transfer agreements based either on the European Commission standards clauses (as they may be revised or replaced by the EU Commission or supplemented by additional measures when required) with such data recipients or any other valid transfer mechanisms that may be available in the future.
You can obtain a list of the relevant third countries / regions and copy of these safeguards upon request.
Your personal information will not be kept in a form that allows you to be identified for any longer than is reasonably considered necessary by LV for achieving the purposes for which it was collected or processed or as it is established in the applicable laws related to data retention periods. The data retention term of Your personal data collected by Us is determined per purpose of data processing according to the following criteria:
- Data collected for the purpose of analysing Your application to the Prize and respond to any of Your question or query during the relevant Prize edition: data will be stored during the Prize edition and for one (1) year after the announcement of the winner, and Winner's personal data will be retained for a period of three (3) years after the Prizes award or for the whole duration of the potential business relationship between Us and the Winner
- Data collected with Your consent for marketing purposes will be stored for three (3) years since our last contact.
However, Your personal data will then be archived to be used in the event of a litigation or dispute for the statute of limitation term applicable to the related purpose. If a judicial action is initiated, the personal information may be stored until the end of such action, including any potential periods for appeal, and will then be deleted or archived as permitted by applicable law;
Your personal data are then anonymized or deleted.
You may request access to the personal information We maintain about You. If You request such access, We will provide You with all the information as required by law on the purposes of the processing, categories of data processed, categories of recipients, data retention term, etc.).
You may also obtain a copy of any personal information that We hold about You in our records in a format compatible and structure to allow You to exercise Your right to data portability when the processing is based on Your consent or on the performance of an agreement between You and Us.
You can also provide general or specific instructions on how Your personal data should be processed and may be used, after Your death.
You may also request that We correct, amend, erase, any information which is incomplete, out of date or inaccurate.
You can request the deletion of Your personal information (i) if your personal information is no longer necessary for the purpose of the data processing, (ii) you have withdrawn your consent on the data processing based exclusively on such consent, (iii) you objected to the data processing, (iv) the personal information processing is unlawful, (v) the personal information must be erased to comply with a legal obligation applicable to LV.
You can request the restriction of the processing (i) in the event the accuracy of your personal information is contested to allow LV to check such accuracy, (ii) if you wish to restrict your personal information rather than deleting it despite the fact that the processing is unlawful, (iii) if you wish LV to keep your personal information because you need it for your defence in the context of legal claims (iv) if you have objected to the processing but LV conducts verification to check whether it has legitimate grounds for such processing which may override your own rights.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.
Our Data Protection Officer contact details are email@example.com. When Your information processing is based on Your consent (for instance when you accept to receive communication materials), You may withdraw any consent You previously provided to Us at any moment, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before withdrawal.
When Your information is processed to pursue our legitimate interests, you may object to such processing, if Our legitimate interest may be overridden by your interests and freedom.
To exercise these rights, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, To respond to your request, We may ask You to provide Us with a proof of your identity. We may also need to ask You for additional information or supporting documents. We will respond to your request as soon as possible.
We will provide an adequate level of protection for the personal data and make sure that appropriate technical and organizational security measures are in place to protect the personal information (including education and training of relevant personnel) against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss or alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, and against all other unlawful forms of processing.
However, to the extent that the Internet is not completely secure, We cannot guarantee that any of Your personal information stored or sent to Us will be completely safe. We encourage You to use caution when using internet to access Our website.
Our Website is not directed to children and you must have reached majority in your country of residence to apply to the Prize and provide Us with your personal information in relation thereto.. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children without permission from a parent or guardian, unless permitted by applicable law.
If we are notified (by contacting Us at "Contact Us") or learn that a minor has submitted personal data to us through our media or otherwise, we will delete such personal information.
Our Policy may change from time to time to reflect changes in Our processing of Your personal information and We will post an updated copy on the Website. Please check this page regularly to ensure that You agree with any changes. We will notify You of any material changes as required by law.
If you would like Us to update the information We have about you or your preferences, or if you have any questions about the protection of your personal information please contact Us by email at email@example.com.
If You have a complaint about the way We process your Data, You also have the right to contact the Commission Nationale de l'Informatique et des Libertés (French data protection authority, CNIL), 3 Place de Fontenoy - TSA 80715 - 75334 PARIS CEDEX 07, Tel: 01 53 73 22 22, www.cnil.fr.
Last updated in November 2022.